Joshua P. Gray, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
United States Coast Guard Academy
Department of Science, Chemistry Section
27 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320
Office: (860) 444-8636
Fax: (860) 701-6147
Cell: (860) 631-7483
Education and Training
- B.S. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, 1998, Pennsylvania State University
- Ph.D. Pathobiology, 2004, Pennsylvania State University
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Environmental Medicine, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Jeffrey D. Laskin, Ph.D., Advisor (2004-2006)
- Visiting Research Associate, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA (June-August, 2004-2008)
- Assistant Research Professor, 2006-2008, Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
- Adjunct Research Scientist, 2009-present, Biocurrents Research Center, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA.
- Adjunct Professor, 2005-present, University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, 2008-present, Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ.
- Editorial Board, 2008-present, Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods.
Honors and Awards
- Marine Biological Laboratory - 2011 Research Award
- Society of Toxicology - Chair of Chemical Weapons - Mustard Gas Session (2010)
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy, Center for Advanced Studies Summer Fellowship (2009)
- Society of Toxicology - Chair of Gene Regulation Session (2009)
- Society of Toxicology - Best Postdoctoral Paper (2008) (for paper published in 2006 [link])
- Society of Toxicology - Chair of Animal Models Session (2008)
- Society of Toxicology - Molecular Biology Specialty Section - 1st Place, Postdoctoral Research Award (2006)
- NIEHS Institutional Training Grant (T32) Recipient (2004-2006)
- College of Agricultural Sciences Graduate Student Competitive Grant Program (2003)
- Society of Toxicology Travel Award (2002)
- Bosworth Grier Memorial Scholarship (2002)